- Retro-reflective sensor in miniature design with pigtail (M8 connector (4-pin))
- Sensing range 20...1800 mm
- dark-on mode/ normally open
- The polarisation filter in combination with a prismatic reflector minimises the probability of false switching due to highly reflective objects; therefore ideally suited for the detection of highly reflective objects
- Thanks to the compact design and space-saving installation option with pigtail, ideal for confined installation environments
DescriptionThe dark-on retro-reflective sensor autosen AO021 with a polarisation filter reliably detects even reflective objects. The device is ideal for large distances with an adjustable maximum range of 1.8m. The sensor has an IO-Link and can be quickly and easily parameterised using autosen:io software.
A retro-reflective sensor combines the transmitter and the receiver in the same housing. The emitted red light is reflected in a prismatic reflector and detected by the receiver. The device only functions with the intended prismatic reflector AA949 from autosen, as the reflected light waves are polarised by 90°. This has the advantage that system switching can be suppressed even with reflective surfaces.
The retro-reflective sensor is very small, compact and enables installation in slender and small spaces. When combined with prismatic reflector AA949, autosen AO021 is recommendable, as it can be installed in confined spaces without the need for tools. The retro-reflective sensor has an M8 connector which is connected to the sensor with a cable. The three-wire cable is a 30cm long PVC cable. The protection rating of IP67 allows use of the device in extremely robust operation conditions.
The matching installation accessories and corresponding prismatic reflector (AA949), which has been specifically developed for AO021, can be found below. Scale drawings, operating instructions and further technical data are also available.
If you have questions regarding the IO-Link parameterization or want to use the parameterization service of autosen, please do not hesitate to contact us. Or start directly with the IO-Link starter kit ADS01.
Technical data AO021
20 ... 1800 mm
Outputs / inputs
Light/dark switching programmable via io-link
Direct voltage (DC)
Operation: LED, green
No accessories included
x - distance [mm]
y - excess gain factor