Capacitive sensors detect objects of any material type without contact and monitor levels. In contrast to inductive sensors, which can only detect metallic objects, capacitive sensors can also register non-metallic materials. Various versions of our capacitive sensors are available with a plastic/metal housing. Read more here
Best price/performance ratio for factory automation.
Particularly robust capacitive sensors with protection rating IP67 - full/empty state comparison for level applications.
Advantages of capacitive sensors
All the advantages of capacitive sensors at a glance:
- Reliable and exact position detection for objects of practically any material, irrespective of colour, gloss, reflective properties and surface texture
- Long service life
- Contactless measurement technique
- High degree of process and operational reliability thanks to increased immunity to interference
- High setting ranges
- Ultra high fabrication quality
- Easy operation and parametrization
- Insensitive to dust and soiling
- Setting range can be set using a potentiometer or teach-key
- Plastic or metal housing for different applications
Application examples for capacitive sensors
Flush-mounted capacitive sensors are especially suitable for detecting non-conductive materials. In contrast, non-flush-mounted capacitative sensors are more suitable for detecting conductive materials and for tasks related to filling levels.