IO-Link is a globally standardised digital communication technology for sensors. This technology enables continuous communication down to the lowest field level and the central management of sensor parameters, thus facilitating device replacement and greatly reducing commissioning time. Read more here
What is IO-Link?
A single interface for the entire communication system: Binary switching signals, analogue signals (4 ... 20 mA, 0 ... 10 V), parameter configuration (RS232) – IO-Link manages all that via a 3-wire sensor connection. Transmission is digital, so there is no need to shield the cable and transmission errors are practically impossible. Pins 1 and 3 are for applying voltages, Pin 4 transmits all other signals and allows for easy sensor configuration via the PLC software during operation.
Our IO-Link-related products
The IO-Link software allows you to parametrize the sensors from the comfort of your own workplace. The IO-Link Master manages the communication between the software and the sensor. The Ethernet cables ensure a secure connection for signal transmission – be that from the Master to the software or from one Master to another. You can find all the autosen sensors that can be digitally connected using IO-Link here.
The advantages of IO-Link at a glance:
- High-performance, point-to-point communication with sensors
- No extra requirements regarding the cable material
- Uninterrupted communication down to the lowest in-field level
- Self-parametrizing feature means sensor replacement only takes minutes
- Reduced downtimes and wiring thanks to unshielded cables
- Manipulation-safe and future-oriented